Wednesday, February 24, 2016

12 shaft twill





Here's a peek at what is on my mechanical dobby loom right now. This is the first time I've ever tried to use all 12 shafts. The most complicated pattern I've done before has been 8 shafts. This was a bit tricky for me to get all warped up, but now that I have it going I love it!!

This is a twill, taken from the weaving pattern on this page: http://weeverwoman.blogspot.ca/2011/07/i-havent-fallen-off-planet-i-had-week.html . I am weaving it tromp as writ, which means I treadle it in the same pattern that I threaded it. I'm using 8/2 unmercerized UKI cotton as the warp, and 10/2 mercerized Valley cotton as the weft. I've got enough warp on here for about a dozen hand towels, and I'm having fun making each one a different color. Here's the same thing, but in red, and looking from the back of the loom so you can see all the shafts.


I'm done with the red towel, and almost done with the green. Hmmmmm.... I'm looking at my yarn stash, and trying to decide on what color strikes my fancy for the next one. I think I'm going to end up making the whole rainbow, plus some!

No comments:

Post a Comment