Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Daily moments and Chrismas presents

I'm going to pop some filler pictures in here, that I've been taking for my 'picture a day' project. Now, if you are one of my close relatives, don't scroll down past these pictures until after Christmas. The rest of you? Wander on down to see what I've been up to as you choose.

So...
I've been putting the lights on the Christmas tree...

And enjoying the roses blooming in my front garden...
Noticing the textures in the orange grove near work...
And enjoying quiet moments in the studio. (Actually this is my son holding his trombone behind the candle. But it counts as quiet because he wasn't actually playing at the time.)

Annnd..... (Relatives all gone yet?)
Very busily weaving 6 sets of 4 napkins for my extended family. This started out as white 10/2 mercerized perle cotton for the warp. I hand painted the warp with four colors of brown/rust/cream, using the method I showed you all in this post: http://tangibledaydreams.blogspot.com/2012/09/tutorial-warp-painting.html . Then I used solid colors of 10/2 cotton for the weft, making it so each set of napkins was unique. Total time in the project was 30 1/2 hours, which means these napkin sets are too labor intensive to make for sale at a reasonable price. But they'll make lovely Christmas presents, don't you think?

And this is why I haven't been posting much recently. My family reads my blog here, and I didn't want to post process pictures of their presents and spoil the surprise. But I figure they can stand it for one post a year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment