Thursday, August 9, 2012

Rock Doodles and silk painting

Ok, this was more relaxing and more fun that it ought to have been. A smooth river rock + a Sharpie + some spray clear coat = a Rock Doodle. I think these could get to be addictive. No, I don't know what I'll use them for, besides leaving around to look cool. Ideas?

And on slightly more practical fronts, I'm back to painting silk scarves again. This batch came out of the steamer the other night, and is waiting to be washed and ironed. The silk in the picture is damp, so the colors are darker than they will be on the finished scarves. But I'm really liking these color combinations. I think I may use some of the same combos on some larger silk ruanas.



I'm particularly eager to see how the red ones turn out. I've had an issue finding a red dye that doesn't turn pink with this technique, and lots of people are asking for true red scarves. Here's hoping that the washing/ironing process doesn't pastel these out too badly!

3 comments:

  1. Rock doodles! I remember doing those with crayons (and sealing them in the oven) when I was a girl scout! A sharpie is way easier though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool rock doodles! I love those painted silks too, love that teal and purple combo!

    Blogging Buddies Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty rock doodle! This looks like a fun project to do with my boys that I would like, too.
    Dropping by via the Etsy Blog Team. I'd love to have you link this up on my blog hop. I host with 3 other bloggers, so your link will show up on three blogs :) Hope to see you there! http://www.hideousdreadfulstinky.com/2012/08/eat-make-grow-thursday-blog-hop-2.html

    ReplyDelete