I finished up the gourd I've been working on. Take a look here to see the process:
Cleaning a gourd: http://tangibledaydreams.blogspot.com/2011/09/cleaning-dried-gourd.html
Dyeing a gourd: http://tangibledaydreams.blogspot.com/2011/09/dyeing-gourd.html
Weaving on the gourd: http://tangibledaydreams.blogspot.com/2011/09/teneriffe-weaving-on-gourd-lid.html
And here's how it turned out!
I'm pretty pleased with this one. The weaving especially was fun to do. I started with a color scheme, and with the beads in place, but improvised everything from there. I was aiming for an organic feel that was still fairly balanced. So if I used a color or technique on one side, I used it across the way in a slightly different form. It holds the design together without being rigid symmetry. Not bad!