Thursday, November 11, 2010

November Poetry Challenge: 11/30: Creeping Inertia

Pushing through, after a very draining day. But here's #11 of 30 in my November Poetry Challenge of 30 poems in 30 days. The next few poems will be posted as a lump next week, because I'm going to be out of town this weekend. (Yes, there will still be folks here at the house. I'm not careless enough to announce on line when the home will be empty.) I'll be out at http://www.southerncrusades.org/ , and will likely have a most wonderful time. But tonight...


Creeping Inertia

I'm supposed to be on site tomorrow,
raring to go,
camp established,
deep into my role of Mistress Gwen,
lost in the sparkling depths
of a shared time out of time.
And here I sit.
No packing list made.
No projects chosen.
No food prepped.
Not even any laundry done.
And no motivation at all.
I know I'll have fun once I get there,
but right now the insidious
Inertia Monster
has me dangling limp in his claws,
and I've got a bad case
of been there,
done that.

Maybe I can shake him
in my sleep.
Wish me luck...


Melissa McCollum
11/11/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment