Friday, January 8, 2010

Time to Spin!!



The mail man just dropped off a package for me, and I couldn't wait to rip into it. Like a kid at Christmas time! I knew from the 'Sheep Shed Studio' return address that it was going to be good.

What was in it, you ask?



Roving! Pounds and pounds of Brown Sheep mill end wool, all set to be fed into my spinning wheel. Check it out here: http://www.thesheepshedstudio.com/Roving.html .
They usually just have the brown/black/cream tones, but every once in awhile they get some colored roving in as well. If you catch them at just the right time, you can grab some of it.

So, I got 5 pounds of blue, 5 pounds of red, and a pound each of some of the brown tones. They threw in several ounces of teal/blue/purple dyed superwash as an added thank you bonus. Take a look!






























Now mind you, I'm not sure where I'm going to store it all. It certainly isn't going to fit back into the box it came in. I'm not quite sure how they got it all in there in the first place! What I am going to do though is drag out my Kromski Sonata spinning wheel, with my handy dandy Woolee Winder attachment, and go to town with production spinning. Look for some large batches of knitting yarn to show up in the Etsy shop before too long!

Ok, I'm going to go play Fiber Breathing Dragon now, and sort through my treasure trove. Picture me doing the happy fiber artist wiggle dance just about now...

3 comments:

  1. Nice! Enjoy your weekend spinning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way your enthusiasm comes through in this post! And the "Fiber Breathing Dragon" phrase is priceless! Happy spinning. I'll be looking for those yarn photos.
    ~Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got most of a bobbin of the cream/brown spun last night while we were gaming. (My family has a regular Friday night D&D evening going.) Once I figured out to strip out the fist sized slubs of fiber that didn't quite get integrated into the roving, it spun like butter. (Well, I've never actually tried to spin butter. Hmmm... You know what I mean though.) I'll save out those bumps of fiber, and use them for felting. I think maybe some more felt camera cases are in my future.

    ReplyDelete