I'd love to show you what I've been up to...but my camera decided not to work any more. Pout. Gripe. Grumble. Luckily, it is still in theory under warranty, so tomorrow I'll go to the bank to get the statement that has the purchase on it, and we'll send it in. But that does put me dead in the water as far as listing items goes.
So, in the mean while I'm playing with the sock machine. I've made 4 pairs of socks on it so far!! The first was a hair small. The second was a bit big, and fits my daughter. (She snapped them right up.) The third and fourth are just my size, and are extremely comfortable. I wore one pair today, and the other is fresh off the machine in time to wear tomorrow. They are made of commercial self striping sock yarn. It is great fun to watch the patterns develop as I crank along.
As far as the learning curve goes, yesterday I finally figured out the correct adjustments to make to get the ribber attachment working. There is a screw that controls how high off the base of the machine the ribber sits. That screw had gotten out of whack, and the ribber was sitting too high. Once I lowered it, things started falling into place. I've successfully ribbed with both sized of cylinders now, so the next step is to actually knit a ribbed sock. Eventually.
Actually, I think my next step will be to hand dye some sock yarn. I got a shipment of 10 skeins of dyeable wool sock yarn, and I'm itching to make some custom colors. Using someone else's self striping yarn is great fun...but it is someone else's design. I want to design my own! I'm not working at the school tomorrow, so hopefully I can break out the dye pot and play for a bit.
And once I get my camera functional again, you all can take a peek. (Stupid camera...)