Sunday, October 11, 2009

Quote for the Day

This is from my Mom's knitting Page-a-Day calendar:

"Monday, october 12, 2009
Today is Thanksgiving in Canada, and since that's where I live, this is the day I count my blessings. I start with yarn. It's not just that I am grateful for the beautiful stuff, it's that its presence in my house signifies an enormous wealth. It means that I don't struggle for food or shelter. As long as I can choose to buy yarn (even a little) and as long as I have a place to keep it (no matter how small) I am wealthier than almost everyone else in the world."

I am indeed richly blessed!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. I also count my yarn stash among my blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom passed it on, and it really spoke to me. We get so caught up in wanting the next thing, bigger and better...but I have a roof over my head. I have food on the table to feed my family. I am surrounded by people I love. And I have the ability to make beautiful things. How is that not rich?

    ReplyDelete